#holidays #vacation #Christmasbreak #December #NewYear #cruise #carnival #RoyalCaribbean #VirginVoyages #PrincessCruises #P&O
Once the Christmas rush is over, you’ve got a few days off work, but most businesses are shut, it’s hot, the beaches are crowded, the shops are crowded (but let’s face it, you’re over shopping by now), you don’t feel like cooking, so you end up sprawled on the couch, watching reruns of Friends or Seinfeld, eating the contents of your Christmas stocking feeling miserable that it’s all over for another year.
OR you could sail into the New Year with a short break cruise. P & O, Carnival, Virgin Voyages, Princess Cruises and Royal Caribbean all offer cruises between Christmas and New Year (some as short as 3 days) giving you a few days relaxation with a chance to be waited on, instead of cooking and hosting.
With multiple swimming pools and spas, day spas with massage, non-stop entertainment including live music, karaoke, stage shows, games, movies (including outdoor movies you can watch from the spa!) and an endless array of dining options – a short break cruise is your perfect recharge option to fill your days with excitement instead of the Christmas slump.
With a 3 day cruise starting from $646pp including meals or a balcony cabin starting from $807pp – give yourself the break you deserve or maybe you want to head off for New Years?
Search all cruises via the button below or learn more about cruise options below from Brisbane, Sydney, Melbourne and Auckland. All cruises had cabins available at the time of writing – have questions, just ask.
Pacific Encounter will showcase many of P&O’s favourite features as well as a range of new ones that guests are going to love. Splurge and book a select suite or mini-suite and along with a host of great benefits, you’ll gain access to Byron Beach Club, a private retreat with pool, spas and comfy seating, located on the top deck of the ship. Enjoy expansive views along with pure relaxation and a superior level of service for dining reservations, shore tours, embarkation and disembarkation. Guests will love the relaxed breakfast at Angelo’s as well as the healthy salads and wraps from the Byron Beach menu throughout the day.
- The Marquee theatre and with a number of different shows featured on each ship, you’ll be spoilt for choice
- There’s a range of bars to choose from, you can choose your favorite but make sure you try them all
- Families will love the dedicated indoor/outdoor family area with a pool, family focused fun, games, parties and activities
- Offering all the favorite casino games enjoy the sound of fresh deck shuffled and excitement when the cards come up
Quantum of the Seas®. From the North Star®, the tallest viewing deck on a cruise ship to the RipCord® by iFLY® skydiving simulator and the robotic bartenders of the Bionic Bar®, this adventure packed ship has endless ways to fill your days between tropical islands and perfect beaches as you explore Vanuatu and Mystery Island.
- A wow-worthy blend of spellbinding visuals and stunts in Starwater onboard
- Feast on far-out flavors from far-flung places from Chops Grille to Jamie’s Italian by Jamie Oliver
- Soar a good time on the only skydiving simulator at sea — Ripcord® by iFly
- Kick off your night with some robot-crafted cocktails from the future at Bionic Bar
- Shop the biggest designer names and onboard exclusives, all at prices you won’t find on land
Pacific Explorer ship has joined the fleet of P&O Cruises Australia. It is ideal for Australia’s fun and sun loving enthusiasts and has two waterslides, zip lining, a water park, live music and pubs. For dining, there are 12 choices, all of which are included in the cruise fare. For fun and rejuvenation, there are waterslides, adventure activities like rock climbing, zip lining and new stage shows. Pacific Explorer has a Blue Room where guests will have talented Australian musicians playing live every night. For taking onboard entertainment to new levels there is Black Circus with exclusive dinner and a cabaret style show.
- Leave your worries behind when you enter The Oasis – the calmest spot in the ocean
- Try your hand at the huge selection of deck games including golf putting, table tennis, quoits and more
- If you’re up for some extra adventure, join the adrenalin junkies at P&O Edge Adventure Park
- Let the kids play the day away at zany waterpark with fun interactive water features
- Try award winning pizza in 400 Gradi, in partnership with award-winning Melbourne chef, Johnny Di Francesco
Resilient Lady, Setting sail from her homeport of Piraeus (Athens), Greece in 2023 — she’ll be spending her winters in both the Caribbean and down in Australia. This new itinerary takes in the best of Tasmania, Sydney and New Zealand including Hobart, Picton, Napier and finishes in Auckland. Add on a road trip and explore Middle Earth, enjoy a natural hot spa in Rotorua, Wellington – home to the best coffee on earth and fly Emirates First Class back from Christchurch. Virgin Voyages is a
- Make spa room your second home by treating with different massages revitalize your body and soul
- Grab yourself more than 20+ distinctive and delicious specialty eateries bring fresh ingredients
- If you are looking to bust out some cardio or burn calories, head to the Fitness center at B Complex
- With smooth curves and nautical details, enjoy at Pool Deck with the sophisticated glam of yacht
- Red Room – Larger than life entertainment space is the first ever transformational multi form theatre at sea
Would your friends like this? Share it with them!
Carnival Splendor offers a variety of onboard spaces for fun and relaxation. El Morocco Lounge hosts comedy shows and musical performances. The Royal Flush Casino promises excitement, and The Cool jazz club is a wordless invitation to enjoy jazz. The Pinnacle Steakhouse offers elegant dining at the ship’s highest point. For water enthusiasts, there’s the Splash Park and Carnival Twister Waterslide. Pools, including one with a retractable roof, are scattered around for swimming. Those seeking relaxation can visit the Serenity Adult-Only Retreat or the Cloud 9 Spa, which features Thalassotherapy pools and dry heat chambers for ultimate relaxation. Special Bonus includes onboard credit – terms and conditions apply.
- If relaxation is more your thing, Serenity Adult-Only Retreat™ is more your place
- Take a quick break from the splashing and sun… and make creativity happen with onboard arts and crafts
- How about a show, to go? The theater full of amazing musicals cruises along with you
- Step into the island-inspired ambiance for Good Beer, good tunes and good times
- Hope you packed your funny bone as ship’s onboard comedy performances are designed to tickle just right
Pacific Adventure has a range of new restaurants, bars and other exciting features, including Byron Beach Club, and a dedicated family pool area with loads of family-oriented activities, with an all-weather retractable roof. Get ready to challenge your family, friends and new-found friends on Pacific Adventures Twin Racer Waterslides! You will soon discover that Pacific Adventure has most of P&O’s favourite signature features and a whole lot more!
- Dine at the Waterfront, Dragon Lady and Angelo’s Restaurants as well as casual dining in food court, The Pantry
- Grab a drink and relax at The Oasis, enjoy a cocktail at Ocean Bar or head to the Blue Room for some live entertainment
- Suite and select mini-suite guests can enjoy the benefits of unrivalled views from Byron Beach Club, new relaxation area
The Disney Wonder is a magical cruise ship designed for families and adults. It offers 11 decks filled with restaurants, pools, and various activities, all designed to transport you to exotic destinations. This ship is known for its classic design, modern features, and Disney’s famous quality and service, creating a world of enchantment for everyone on board. From character ‘meet and greets’ to musical stage shows – it’s like Disneyland at Sea. Cruise into the New Year with Disney Wonder.
- Deck Parties – Sing and dance during open-air, music extravaganzas
- Catch the latest Disney motion pictures, some in digital 3D inside the Buena Vista Theatre
- Indulge in a rich selection of therapies specifically designed to soothe and invigorate
- Treat yourself with amid fanciful restaurants, savor gourmet dining, bountiful buffets and casual bites
- Stay shipshape and lose yourself to sweeping ocean views at the full-service fitness center
- Visit Noumea and experience French culture
The new Royal Princess® is a gem of a ship, providing a wonderful and intimate ambiance for visiting the world’s fascinating destinations. Onboard, you’ll delight in many of the trademark features you’ve come to know on other Princess ships – ScholarShip@Sea® courses, fresh-water swimming pools, a casino, exciting nightspots and production shows. But she also boasts her own unique attributes, including fine wood paneling and leather armchairs, a library with over 4,000 titles – one of the best-stocked at sea – al fresco dining on deck and more. Itinerary highlights include Wellington,
- Indulge your appetite whenever you wish on board Princess® with a wide range of culinary delights
- A dramatic over-the-ocean glass walkway, the SeaWalk® is the first of its kind at sea
- Lively Nightlife at Club 6 which offers vibrant space with an intimate atmosphere
- Inspired by the great outdoors, The Lodge cozy center keeps kids busy with lots of activities and games
- From gaming lessons to the latest slot machines to prize tournaments, Casinos offer fun and excitement
- In this ultramodern theater, relax in a plush seat with unobstructed sight lines
Why book with Flight Sale Elite?
- We can manage all aspects of your booking from end to end – flights, cruises, hotels, transfers, rail, etc
- We’re a single phone call away (even if overseas, travelling)
- We provide a bespoke service which includes expert fare and product knowledge
- We can hold flights for for you for a few days before payment and ticketing
- We’re 100% Australian owned and operated
- Learn more about us here
If you have questions or you’d like to book, please call us or complete the form below:
Would your friends like this? Share it with them!
Thanks for reading,
The Flight Sale Team.